Energize root tip growth
What it does
- Involved in the production of new root tips and growing points
- Provides elasticity and expansion of cell walls to keep growing points from becoming rigid and brittle
- Participates in enzymatic and hormonal processes
- Helps neutralize organic acids generated during growing process
- Aids in carbohydrate movement and nitrogen absorption
What that means
- Improved cell division and elongation
- Enhanced cell wall development
- Increased nitrate uptake and metabolism
- Improved enzyme activity
- Added plant protection from heat stress
- Better fruit quality
- Soil and foliar spray application
Keylate micronutrients are chelates with low corrositivity that are rapidly absorbed by the root system or foliage because of their chelating complex. They have strong, consistent chelation bond strength across all cation nutrients and have a very low salt index. Keylate products are compatible with foliar- or soil-applied crop protection products and fertilizers.
Insufficient calcium levels can lead to deterioration of cell membranes causing the cells to become leaky and result in the loss of cell compounds and eventually death of the cell and plant tissue. Calcium also plays a role in regulating various cell and plant functions as a secondary messenger. In this capacity, it assists in functions such as nutrient uptake, changes in cell status and helping the plant respond to various environmental and disease stresses.
Calcium is able to mitigate heat stress effects by improving stomatal function and other cell processes plus it is thought to have an influence on the development of heat shock proteins that help the plant tolerate the stress of prolonged heat.
Keylate® Calcium is formulated to be used in fertilizer solutions. Broadcast or row applications are acceptable, although greater efficiency may be expected from row applications. Micronutrient deficiencies usually occur when plants are small, thus micronutrients should be added to fertilizer applications at or before planting. Foliar fertilization is intended as a supplement to a regular fertilization program and will not by itself provide all the nutrients normally needed by an agricultural crop.
Always read and follow label directions.
Return to products page